Sunday, March 8, 2009

8 - 75th Street Brewery

It's hard to believe that I've lived in Kansas City for six years now and only this week learned about 75th Street Brewery in Waldo. What a great restaurant and brewery it is, and the veggie burger was really good. This is another one of those places that has a surprising number of vegetarian items on the menu, and they're easily identified by the little carrot icon.
If you eat a lot of veggie burgers, you will quickly find that a very common garnish is avocado. I don't know why that is such a trend. Is that specific to veggie burgers? Or do they do it with beef burgers, too? I don't remember having avocado on my beef burgers, when I still ate meat, that is.
Either way, I'm happy. Avocado is one of my favorite fruits. What, you didn't know avocados were fruits? Oh yeah, and one my very favorite ways to have avocados is in the form of a milkshake. I know what you're thinking, but trust me, it's not weird at all. Aside from being delicious, avocados are very fatty (the good kind of fat) and make for deliciously creamy milkshakes - and ice cream! It's very easy, just get your blender, put some soy milk (or whichever kind of milk you prefer), a bit of sugar, lime juice and throw in an avocado (pitted and peeled, of course).
It's too bad that most Americans can only associate avocados with guacamole, it really is quite a versatile food. Perhaps for my next blog project, I'll show you 31 ways to enjoy avocados. Okay, maybe not. But for now, I'm happy it's a regular veggie burger fixin'.

75th Street Brewery on Urbanspoon




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love following the blog. Can't keep from thinking that KC Star or some pub should also be following. Do you need me to be your publicist? -- Judy

Jon and Erin said...

Keep up the good work! We have been really enjoying the blog.