Sunday, March 1, 2009

1 - Flying Saucer

Day 1 of my veggie burger adventure took me to Flying Saucer. This is one of my two favorite establishments in the Power & Light District. While it is a recent addition to my repertoire of veggie burger purveyors, it has quickly become a place with which I associate happy times and delectable food and drink. It was at the Flying Saucer that we witnessed history as Barack Obama was elected president.
I always appreciate it when an establishment goes out of their way to provide something yummy for vegans and vegetarians. Most people don't go to a bar for the food, so bar owners really don't need to worry about picky vegetarians -- but they do anyway! And I'm grateful.
The Hippie Burger at Flying Saucer is a yummy little sandwich. The veggie patty has a very satisfying texture and smoky flavor. The jalapeƱo pesto mayo adds a fun touch and happily blends with the cucumber, lettuce and avocado. The only thing I'll do differently next time I order it will be to leave some of the onion out -- it was live!

Flying Saucer on Urbanspoon




7 comments:

The Red Reverend said...

Sergio,

Awesome idea! I'm looking forward to Veggie Burger number 2.

Add RSS to your blog so I don't have to remember to vist you all the time, eh? Then your veggie burgers will arrive in my reader along with thoughts from -e. and lolcatz.

Peace,

Ben.

Shannon said...

I don't even want a veggie burger but you are making me want a veggie burger. And you are making me want to take my love of food further than just posting on Facebook.

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with live onion? It's yummy and good for you! Freak. ;-)

Scot said...

Hey Sergio. Marla and I are loving your blog, both for it's entertainment and informational value! We haven't been to Flying Saucer yet but now we definetly want to try it out.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! And now I'll have to go to Flying Saucer to get this veggie burger...minus the mayo...

Sergio said...

Hello everybody and thank you so, so much for stopping by and leaving your comments. This wouldn't be nearly as fun if it weren't for the feedback of good friends like you!

Anonymous said...

sergio-you are awesome!! seriously, these videos are food network-able. very diners-drive-ins-and-dives with a twist!