Thursday, March 19, 2009

19 - Record Bar

The menu at Record Bar used to feature a veggie burger with an awesome name, "The Pretender." So, of course I added it to my list several weeks ago. But then, last week when I checked online again, just to make sure (especially after the Barley's Brewhaus incident), it was nowhere to be found. I was very disappointed about that, so I called and spoke to the manager (I think he was the manager). He said that although the veggie burger was no longer on the menu, if I ordered it, they'd make it for me.
I related this story to the server, who was incredulous, and she went away to confirm my assertion. Those few minutes of wait were fraught with anxiety, what if they no longer had it? What if the person I spoke with on the phone was not the manager but rather a distraught employee? But she came back eventually, maintaining her clear position of utter disinterest, and said "yeah." I had to bite my tongue not to say "I'll have the pizza then." So I ordered the veggie burger (surprise, surprise).
I cannot begin to imagine why they would have taken such a tasty, hand-made veggie burger off the menu. The flavor and texture were great, and it had long been a shoe-in for my "best named veggie burger" award. Record Bar has a number of veggie and vegan options, my only guess is that veggies and vegans were ordering all of those instead of the veggie burger. Whatever the case, I hope enough people will order the veggie burger and maybe they'll put it back on the menu. So what are you waiting for? ¡¡Ándale, ándale!!

Record Bar on Urbanspoon

This one goes out to my Sinceramente friends...




10 comments:

The Red Reverend said...

Your speech bubbles rock!!!

Unknown said...

Gracias por acordarte de nosotros que hablamos español...ji ji ji ji aunque también hablemos ingles... Me ha encantado seguir tus videos. Hasta se me ha antojado provar una de esas vege-hamburgesas.

Sergio said...

Gracias, Ben.

Sergio said...

Ana! Qué gusto que hayas pasado a visitarme por acá :) ¡Allá en LA tienen muchas más vegeburguesas y muy buenas! A ver si la próxima vez que andemos por allá nos echamos unas.

Chris said...

Was that "Oh...#@$%&" word balloon coming from Emily?

Sergio said...

Hahaha! No, it was one of the patrons in the smoking section. I almost redid the scene, but I'd already messed it up three times, so I thought "what the heck, it'll add a bit of spice!"

Emily said...

I want a puppy!

And no, that was not me cursing off camera! :)

I can't believe how tasty "The Pretender" was! And I loved that their menus at the Record Bar are old record covers! Clever.

Unknown said...

Sergio I think that's a great idea. We shall enjoy some veggie burgers when you come to visit

all the joy you bring said...

yay! por el español! Estoy curiosa de saber porque estaban regalando un "puppy" ha! ha! eso estaba muy chistoso!!! :)

RAKA said...

I finally had a chance to check out your blog! So impressed at you and emilys adorableness! Will you guys adopt me? I hear you get a tax break for that sort of thing. ;) Rachel