Tuesday, March 24, 2009

24 - The Peachtree

The truth is that if you go to The Peachtree, you're probably not going for the veggie burger. But that's why I went, and I'm happy I did. The Peachtree is a Kansas City establishment (originally located at 18th and Vine, now in the Power & Light District) know for it's "soul food with elegance." I would have never guessed to check their menu for a veggie burger, and I only recently learned they had one when my friend Kevin spotted it and told me about it.
The veggie burger was fine, but the fried okra and the fried green tomatoes stole the show. Nobody knows good fried food like The Peachtree! Their location is a prime spot in the P&L District, and their floor to ceiling windows offer a phenomenal view of the district and the surrounding downtown buildings.
I'll be happy to go back on a weekend night when they have live music and enjoy another veggie burger with seasoned fries. If I'm feeling particularly crazy, I might get the okra and green tomatoes, too.

The Peachtree on Urbanspoon




3 comments:

Emily said...

Nice screen shot for the video - that's me in my natural habitat! Mmmmm. okra...

LDM Flagg said...

I have really been enjoying the Veggie Burger pilgrimage. My daughter Christi works with John here in Tulsa and told me about your celebration of veggie burgers. I've been vegan 2 1/2 years and have only really enjoyed Amy's california burgers since they have no soy. But I also saw a vegan cooking blog whose author has just come out with a vegan cookbook of, I think, 101 veggie burgers. Thought you might like to know about it. It's called Just the Burger by Joni Marie Newman.

Sergio said...

Hello LDM and thank you for your kind words. I hadn't heard of that cookbook, but I'm sure going to look into it! This veggie burger adventure has certainly been fun and my favorite part has been hearing from friends and meeting new people through it. I'm going to go check out your blog now. Cheers!