Wednesday, March 25, 2009

25 - Cafe Seed

Being the only completely vegan restaurant in Kansas City, Cafe Seed was one of the first places on my 31 Veggie Burgers list. So, when I called a couple of weeks ago to confirm their hours and couldn't reach anyone, I was concerned. One of our favorite places to eat has already closed down due to the economy, I was scared we might have to say goodbye to another one. After calling every couple of days for the next two weeks, I finally reached someone and learned they had been closed due to their next door neighbor's construction. Fortunately they are back in business and today I had their vegan burger.
This is a small, family-run operation. The food is prepared when you order it and the cook takes the time to make everything right. Cafe Seed is not a place you go to when in a hurry, you should be prepared to wait a bit for your food. But let me tell you, when your food comes to the table, you forget how long it took to get there. Everything I've ordered at Cafe Seed is absolutely delicious, from the waffle at Sunday brunch to today's burger.
I'm fortunate enough to work within walking distance of Cafe Seed. And I couldn't have asked for a better day to go. The sun was out and there was a refreshing breeze. Perhaps the Spring is finally deciding to show up. Whether you can walk to Cafe Seed or not, I encourage to take the time to visit and enjoy their food. You won't regret it!

Cafe Seed on Urbanspoon




No comments: