Saturday, March 7, 2009

7 - Local Burger

Of all the veggie burgers I planned for my veggie burger extravaganza, the "World's Best Veggie Burger" at Local Burger was perhaps the one I was most excited to try. It has been very highly acclaimed and frequently recommended. My vegan friends told me it was amazing and even some of my omnivorous friends raved about it, too. So I was glad to make my way to Lawrence today to try it. I was not disappointed. The distinctive quinoa patty was well worth the 42 minute drive.
The journey was especially fun because we shared it with our dear friends, Deena and Sidney, whom we don't see often enough. They used to live in Lawrence, so after Local Burger they took us to one of their favorite spots, La Prima Tazza, for coffee, before heading back to KC for a concert. Music, friends, coffee, the "World's Best Veggie Burger" - not a bad way to spend a Saturday.

Local Burger on Urbanspoon




2 comments:

Emily said...

LOCAL LOCAL LOCAL! Love this place! They source so many things locally and list all the farms they buy from on the wall behind the counter ... with mileage on the list so you know precisely how local your food is!

Anonymous said...

AND, isn't the owner coming to speak at Hallmark's Trend Week this week?? Exciting! And great food review!